Marketing of beauty products from the inside for centuries for skin care manufacturers are primarily associated with the beauty outside. But now a growing number of cosmetic brands – including Olay and Avon – introducing new products, promoting the idea that what consumers ingest can have a big effect on the conservation of healthy skin and luster of their appearance as anything external, they may be applied.
Simultaneously, more food and beverage companies like Snapple are investing in products that use green tea and other nutrients as a basis for expanding the brand in skin care. The result: These brand owners are betting that the outer and inner beauty is more related than previously understood.
“There are certain compounds that can be swallowed to help your skin become tauter, they are nutrients for the regeneration of the skin,” said Peter Leighton, vice president of marketing and product development for Natrol Inc, California manufacturer of dietary supplements and foods. “There’s actually good science behind that.”
Adds Gordon Tareta, director of spas for the Chicago-based Hyatt Hotels, which provides a number of procedures that are based on dessert ingredients: “There’s a lot of implementation is currently derived from the general awareness about health, the outside mirror of what is inside. The skin is the largest organ the body. ”
Consider these changes in the growing convergence between the external and internal beauty products:
* Olay, Procter & Gamble brand cosmetics, this month is Olay Vitamins in partnership with complementary solutions giant Pharmavite Corporation has two companies called the products “the first line of vitamins, designed exclusively for women to address both their beauty and needs.”
* Nestlé and L’Oréal expand distribution of the first products developed by inner beauty of their joint venture, Laboratories Inneov, which was established last year. According to the company, BAA Inneov Fermata can “improve the quality of skin, hair and nails by supplying nutrients required for their physiology.” This summer, they are deploying the product in four European countries after it was launched in five European markets in March.
* Avon expects the product line called Wellness, which range from vitamins to weight control, “under the inner beauty, an initiative which is aimed at the growing market of women aged 35 years and older.
* Snapple Products Co, Cadbury Schweppes PLC brand juice products, is considering licensing companies for Snapple brand health and beauty products, including lip balms and skin creams and lotions. “Taste and color are in this category is well on the basic properties of our brand,” said a spokesman Snapple. “We also asked about shampoos, but we’re not quite ready for this area yet.”
* Honest Tea and other health-oriented tea manufacturers have begun promoting the association between their products and recent studies that show that antioxidants in green tea can help heal the oxidation damage to the skin by ultraviolet rays from the sun.
* Dove, Unilever brand, NA, has introduced a line of skincare called Nutrium, which causes the inner-beauty of the images and concepts in advertising.
* New York-based startup called SkinCola was introduced this summer, and is aimed at those who are trying to look good in warm weather, “the company said. Product, retailing for a suggested price of $ 1 bottle contains purified water, activated oxygen, zinc and vitamins that are said to strengthen the immune system and stimulate cell growth and repair. “Beautiful, clear skin begins from within,” says Jason Hirsh, with SkinCola-founder. The drink contains no calories, sugar or fat – and in accordance with SkinCola, it is very convenient, as a hangover cure.
* Health GNC-products retail chain starts to supplement vitamin skin rejuvenation in the next month (September) under the brand of Derma Beauty. Kemin Corporation is negotiating with the addition of the manufacturing clients about skin care, which will include lutein, the compounds are delivered Kemin, which has already proven effective for improving eyesight and is included in food products, such as to provide.
* Natrol engaged in the development of dietary supplements, what exactly will be on the market in the direction of the skin health of adolescents is to be either inside, applied topically in cream or gel, or both.